Friday, April 27, 2007

The Field



















Currently the highest rated album on www.Metacritic.com Here we Go Sublime by The Field Aka Stockholm based Trance producer Alex Willner is clearly one of the Dance albums of the year and probably one of the albums of the year from any genre.

I wouldn't really call myself much of a dance fan but recent releases from The Field, Soft Circle and Pole have really got me interested in dance music, to the extent where making compilations recently for friends I have found it much easier to make dance mixes compared to indie and rock which I would normally consider my personal preference. You might have noticed Everday mixed with Spank Rock on my Easter mix I posted a while back.

The Fields music is relatively simple but really accessible and has left me coming back for several listens. There is plenty of subtle variation in the music to really grab you in and several parts of it are really dreamlike yet keeping you in the mood to boogie.

This is easily an album which please clubbers and museos alike, a truly great dance record and anything that doesn't sound like "Put your hands up for Detroit" is a masterpiece in my book.

MP3: A paw in my face

No comments:

 
Music Blogs - Blog Top Sites Music Provided by IODA Promonet Blog Directory